Beating the Odds
The odds are against any one person becoming a success. The important question is how will you turn the odds in your favour in order to become successful?
Successful people have the ability to choose a positive course of action and to stick with it, no matter what obstacles they face. The following people listed below eventually beat the odds to become successful in their endeavour:
- Colonel Sanders was told he was too old to start a new business. He did start Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC).
- The Wright brothers were often reminded that no one had ever flown. They became the first to do so.
- Henry Ford wanted to make cars even when there was apparently no demand for them. Fords became much in demand for years and years.
- The biblical character David was too young, too small, and too weak to fight the great and gigantic Goliath. David beat Goliath using his skill.
- An observation was made that Albert Einstein “…doesn’t wear socks, forgets to have his hair cut, and can’t remember his phone number. He could be mentally retarded.” He turned out to be one of the greatest scientists in history.
- One so-called expert wrote that Vince Lombardi possessed minimum football knowledge and lacked motivation. Lombardi became known as one of the greatest coaches of all time.
You can also beat the odds and silence your critics. Continue to stay on the positive course you chose.
Stick with your home-study course—no matter what kinds of odds you encounter!
Online, career focused education that suits your lifestyle.
See our courses